Assists with processing credit union payroll and providing administrative support to the Human Resources Department Provides assistance in the recruitment process. Maintains a working knowledge of all services and operations of the credit union. The nature of the work requires a high degree of confidentiality. Support a sales and service culture.
1. Represent the credit union to members and visitors in a courteous, professional manner.
2. Assist in the transmit of credit union payroll to ADP
3. Process changes to employee personnel and payroll information in HRIS, benefit websites and in Access.
4. Coordinate employee evaluation process.
5. Prepare employee Quarterly Newsletter.
6. Place orders for and maintain inventory of teller and employee credit union shirts.
7. Process and order employee service awards pins and cut checks.
8. Maintain employee files manually and electronically.
9. Assist HR Generalist with Hire Ahead Program – This includes, conducting background checks, contacting candidates, testing candidates, and following up with candidates on hire process
10. Maintain and update job description for title changes
11. Assist with internal and external job postings
12. Prepare and send out birthday cards and monthly birthday report to management
13. Process internal and external verification of employment
14. Prepare all announcement e-mails on promotions and transfers
15. Maintain working knowledge of federal and state regulations regarding human resources and payroll
16. Assist with new hire paperwork and benefit packets
17. Prepare nametags for all new hires and replacements
18. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to count and deal with numbers and details effectively.
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels, orally, in writing, or by phone.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate orally, in writing, and by phone.
- Ability to deal with members effectively (friendliness, tact and diplomacy).
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions.
- Ability to learn, apply and communicate knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to learn, apply and communicate knowledge of credit union products and services.
- Ability to input and retrieve data from computer.
- Ability to use a calculator.
- Ability to type accurately.
- Ability to use and learn office machines (i.e., copier, fax, terminals).
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1-2 years of Human Resources experience preferred or Degree in Human Resources. PC skills required.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary: $34,166 - $42,707 DOE
Reports to: VP HR
Hours: Must be available between 8:00AM-5:00PM