The National Kidney Foundation of Louisiana is a major voluntary nonprofit health organization. The organization is dedicated to preventing kidney and urinary tract diseases and improving the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by kidney disease. The group also aims to increase the availability of all organs for transplantation. The local organization has served Louisiana since 1969.
Neighbors has partnered with this organization for the last five years. Each year, Neighbors helps out with the foundation’s annual golf tournament and walk in addition to financial contributions. In 2018 Neighbors, will contribute $5,000 to these events.
Tracey Eldridge, Programs Manager at the Kidney Foundation reached out to us to share her thoughts about the foundation’s relationship with Neighbors.
“The foundation appreciates the continued support of Neighbors Federal Credit Union,” Eldridge said. “Neighbors FCU has been an important community partner in their financial and volunteer support of this organization.”
Other events hosted by the Kidney Foundation include:
- Taste of L’Auberge —Sunday, June 10, 2018—6pm-9pm—L’Auberge Casino.
- 22nd Annual Baton Rouge Liberty Mutual Insurance Golf Invitational—Monday, June 11, 2018, at the Country Club of Louisiana.
If you would like to show your support you can:
- Visit www.kidneyla.org and make a general donation.
- Join us at the Baton Rouge Kidney Walk by registering at www.kidneywalk.org.
- Register a team for the Liberty Mutual Insurance Golf Tournament.
- Volunteer your time. Visit http://kidneyla.org/contact-us/ and let them know how you would like to be involved.
- Become an organ donor by registering with your state’s donor registry by visiting www.organdonor.gov or www.donatelifela.org.
For questions or to learn more about becoming involved with the foundation, please contact Tracey Eldridge, Community Development and Programs Manager, at 504-861-4500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.