Date(s) - 03/20/18
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
As a member-owned, cooperative financial institution, Neighbors Federal Credit Union is operated under the supervision of a voluntary Board of Directors. Each year, at the Credit Union’s Annual Business Meeting, Board Members are elected from the membership.
The Annual Business Meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at Neighbors Federal Credit Union Perkins Branch, 12529 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. All members are invited to attend. Election procedures will follow guidelines set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and approved by the Board of Directors for Neighbors Federal Credit Union.
- The Board of Directors has appointed a Nominating Committee which will present names of candidates to be considered for election to fill expiring terms on the Board. The Nominating Committee serves on behalf of all members to help ensure that Board Members will be qualified and able to fulfill their duties.
- Any member age 18 or older who is interested in being considered for election to the Board of Directors should provide a nomination by petition. There will be no nominations from the floor at the Annual Business Meeting. The election will be conducted by ballot only if nominees by petition qualify with the Secretary of the Credit Union by February 8, 2018. If a ballot election is held at the Annual Business Meeting, only members who are age 18 and older may vote. In the event there are no nominees by petition, those nominees presented by the Nominating Committee will be elected by general consent.
- Nominations by petition must be signed by at least 500 members. Each nominee by petition must submit a written statement of qualifications and biographical data within the petition. Nominations by petition should also be accompanied by a signed certificate from the nominee stating that he or she is agreeable to nomination and will serve if elected to office.
- Nominations by petition must be received at the main office of Neighbors Federal Credit Union, 12529 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70810, by Saturday, February 2, 2018, and filed with the Secretary of the Credit Union before the close of business on Thursday, February 8, 2018.
- At least 35 days prior to the Annual Business Meeting, the names of members recommended by the Nominating Committee, as well as names of any members qualifying by nomination by petition, will be posted in each office of Neighbors Federal Credit Union.
The Nominating Committee of Neighbors Federal Credit Union has recommended the names of two members to fill terms on the Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee serves a valuable function in selecting members who will fulfill their duties and responsibilities as Board members to the best of their ability.
Unless additional qualifying nominations are received by February 2, 2018 and filed with the Secretary of the Credit Union before the close of business on February 8, 2018, the nominees listed below will be elected by general consent at the Annual Business Meeting to be held on March 20, 2018 at 5:30 p.m., at Neighbors Federal Credit Union, 12529 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. There will be no nominations from the floor at the Annual Business Meeting.
Nominees for Board of Directors:
Bob Toepfer (Incumbent) – Mr. Toepfer been a member of Neighbors for over 37 years and is a resident of Livingston Parish. Mr. Toepfer is the owner/pharmacist of Springfield Drug Store and has been a member of the LA Pharmaceutical Association for almost 40 years.
Melanie Brunson (Incumbent) – Ms. Brunson is a retired employee of the East Baton Rouge Parish School System with 34 years of service. Ms. Brunson has utilized the services of the Credit Union since she began her employment with the School System in 1962. Ms. Brunson has been a member of the Board of Directors for the past 20 years currently serving as Secretary/Treasurer. She has held the positions of Secretary and Chair. Mrs. Brunson has successfully completed the Volunteer Achievement Training Program for Board of Directors, Credit Committee and Supervisory Committee.
Grady Hazel (Incumbent) – Mr. Hazel is the Finance and Operations Director for The Dunham School. Previously, he was a G400 Relations Manager for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Mr. Hazel retired from the East Baton Rouge Parish School System as the Associate Superintendent of Business Affairs with over 23 years of service and as Executive Director for the Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants with 17 years of service. He has served on the Board of Directors for the last 12 years, and was a member of the Supervisory Committee for 11 years.
If you are interested in being considered for election to the Board of Directors, you must follow procedures listed above to obtain a qualifying nomination by February 8, 2018. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact:
Steve E. Webb, Jr., President/CEO
Neighbors Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 2831
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-2831
Bookings are closed for this event.