“It Pays to Learn” Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. BY ENTERING, ATTENDEE AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
The “It Pays To Learn Contest” is eligible to attendees of any financial literacy workshop throughout the 2017 calendar year. By attending a financial literacy workshop, attendees are eligible to win (a) a cash prize for attending one workshop (amount up to NFCU’s discretion), (b) a quarterly cash prize in the form of a Visa gift card in June and September (amount up to NFCU’s discretion) (c) a grand cash prize of $1000 to be given in December 2017.
- CONTEST TIMING:The contest submission period begins on January 1, 2017 and ends in December 2017. Winners will be announced after every monthly workshop, in June and September for quarterly prizes and grand prize on or before December 15.
- ELIGIBILITY: Prizes are available for anyone attending at least one monthly financial literacy workshop. Winner will be chosen from sign in sheet and/or online registration form. Employees working at NFCU and their immediate family are not eligible to enter. For the purposes of these Rules, “immediate family” means spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of whether they reside in the same household.
- TO ENTER:During the contest period, entrant must have attended at least one financial literacy workshop held by Neighbors Federal Credit Union. Entrant must sign in at workshop or check in via Facebook event to be eligible to win.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:Entrants cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about NFCU or its services, products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which NFCU wishes to associate. NFCU reserves the right to and will, monitor or screen submissions prior to posting them to the NFCU Facebook page and/or any internet site. If a winner, you agree that your picture may be posted on NFCU related websites, in NFCU’s sole discretion.
- CONTEST JUDGING: Winner will be chosen randomly by NFCU Financial Literacy Coordinator.
- PRIZE DETAILS:Prizes include one cash prize per each workshop varying from $25-$50, 2 quarterly cash prizes (amount up to NFCU’s discretion) and a grand prize of $1000 in December 2017.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by NFCU or parties donating prizes resulting from entrant’s attendance in the contest in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the contest. NFCU is not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest, the registration, the processing or judging of submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any contest-related materials. Use of website is at user’s own risk. NFCU and parties donating prizes are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the contest. Should any portion of the contest be, in NFCU’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of NFCU, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or uploading of submissions, NFCU reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest, and select the winners from eligible submissions received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by NFCU.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in the contest, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) (a) to release NFCU donating prizes from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such submitter’s participation in the contest; and (b) participants waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages. If a finalist/winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize(s) may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.