Neighbors FCU Named One of Best CUs to Work For
The Credit Union Journal has named Neighbors as one of the 2019 Best Credit Unions to Work For. CU
Journal partnered with Best Companies Group to identify companies that have excelled in creating
quality workplaces for employees.
Neighbors placed 34th nationally and 9th among its asset size category. Neighbors made the list in great
part due to the efforts of Team Impact. Team Impact is a volunteer group of employees that gather to
host events for employees and their families.
Here’s What they had to say!
34 Neighbors Federal Credit Union
Assets: $944 million
Overall rank: 34
Asset category rank: 9
Reasons employees like working here:
- Staff can take part in sponsored events such as mini-golf and potluck meals.
- The credit union offers employees access to quiet spaces equipped with massage chairs, mood lighting and beverages.
- Grant funds are available for employees facing financial hardships.
Pictured above: The entire staff of Neighbors FCU gives back to the community during the annual Neighbors Day. This particular team prepares food sufficient to make 3,480 meals for families in need in the greater Baton Rouge area.
Team Impact orchestrated many enjoyable employee activities such as the annual Mardi Gras Ball,
Movie Night on the Lawn, Neighbors Friends and Family Day and a variety of fun work days featuring
free ice cream, snowballs, popcorn and more.
“It is truly remarkable to be considered one of the best credit unions to work for in the country for the second consecutive year,” Neighbors President and CEO Steve Webb said. “I don’t say this lightly when I call Neighbors a special place. Every employee is considered part of the Neighbors family.”
This list was comprised of two key elements:
- 25% of the credit union workplace policies, practices and demographics
- 75% employee survey responses
- This survey and awards program is designed to identify, recognize and honor the best credit unions.
This survey and awards program is designed to identify, recognize and honor the best credit unions. The 2019 list is made up of 50 credit unions.
If you’re interested in joining one of the best credit unions to work for in the country, check out our openings!