Neighbors FCU staff to volunteer throughout GBR community for “Neighbors Day”
On Monday, October 14, 2019, Neighbors FCU’s staff will take its day off to volunteer with charity organizations at 14 different locations throughout the Greater Baton Rouge Area. In honor of this event, City of Baton Rouge Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome has proclaimed October 14th, 2019 as “Neighbors Day.”
For the third annual ”Neighbors Day,” roughly 260 NFCU employees will contribute more than 1,000 hours of service to the community.
“Neighbors Federal Credit Union is really showing us what it is to co-create a positive community by reaching out and responding to the different needs in our community by partnering with various organizations,” Broome said during her 2018 “Neighbors Day” proclamation.
Neighbors Day was established after the Great Flood of 2016. Countless employees and members were deeply affected. NFCU staff members went out into the community to support their neighbors in need leaving a lasting impression. An annual day of service was established in their honor.
NFCU’s mission is to not only provide much-needed assistance to those in need but to inspire others in Baton Rouge to give back to the community. Neighbors Day was a significant portion of the $406,289 worth of Community Impact in 2018.
“There are a lot of ways to define the success of your company,” Neighbors President and CEO Steve Webb said. “For us, success includes investing in and improving the communities we serve. Neighbors Day presents an opportunity to impact thousands of people in a single day.”
Some of the collective impact made by Neighbors employees during last year’s “Neighbors Day” of service included:
- Preparing food sufficient to make 3,480 meals for families in need
- Putting together 500 care packages for children in need
- Caring for 220 shelter dogs
- Utilizing 6,330 pounds of landscaping materials in a variety of beautification projects
- Organizing 1,500 articles of clothing
Below are the times and locations of “Neighbors Day”:
- Baton Rouge Children’s Advocacy Center, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 626 East Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- Brave Heart Children in Need, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 12:30 Pm – 3:30 PM, 626 East Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- Companion Animal Alliance, 1:00-4:00 PM, 2550 Gourrier Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70820
- East Baton Rouge Council on Aging, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, 7122 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- Denham Springs Animal Shelter, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, 600- 600 Bowman St,
- Denham Springs, LA 70726
- Friends of the Animals Baton Rouge, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, 8476 Highland Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 10600 S Choctaw Dr,
- Baton Rouge, LA 70815
- Livingston Council on Aging (Denham Springs Meal Site), 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM , 949 Government Dr, Denham Springs, LA 70726
- Mighty Moms, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Abundant Life Church 206 Edgewood Dr, Denham Springs, LA 70726
- Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 5000 Hennessy Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul Distribution Center, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 1466 North St, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul Dining Room, 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM, 1623 Convention St
- Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul Shelter, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 1623 Convention St,
- Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- The Salvation Army, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 7361 Airline Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA 70805
Neighbors would like to encourage everyone in the Greater Baton Rouge Area to go be neighborly, and if the opportunity presents itself, to volunteer somewhere.