On Monday, October 8th, the entire Neighbors staff will volunteer throughout the community. Baton Rouge Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome has declared the day Neighbors Day in Baton Rouge.
Our staff will be volunteering with 13 different charity organizations and schools. We wanted to highlight a few of these organizations we’re going to be working with on Neighbors Day.
Here’s what our friends at Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital had to say:
What services does this organization provide for the community?
- Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital provides community outreach programs, health education, physician training, advanced research, and in 2019, a state-of-the-art hospital completely dedicated to the care and healing of children.
Why are the services provided by your organization needed?
- One-fourth of Louisiana’s population is children. That means more than one million children in our state rely on us to create a healthier future for them. For decades, Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital has provided excellent pediatric healthcare by serving Louisiana’s children.
What will Neighbors be helping out with on Neighbors Day?
- Volunteers will help by putting together patient activity bags and work various projects for the upcoming holiday shopping experience for Children’s Hospital patients and their parents.
When will the new Children’s Hospital be open?
- Ribbon cutting for the new Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital is set for October 4, 2019. We will welcome the first patient on October 5, 2019.
How will the new Children’s Hospital be different from other hospitals?
- Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital will be the only freestanding and fully dedicated children’s hospital in the area and will serve the needs of pediatric patients across the state of Louisiana and the Gulf South.
What is your relationship with Neighbors?
- Our relationship with Neighbors and the Baton Rouge Area Credit Unions has been amazing. The dedication and commitment to Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital at all levels has been extraordinary. Everyone that we have worked with has been a joy to partner with for both the Baton Rouge Area Credit Union Golf Tournament and fundraising throughout the year.
What does your organization do with the funds raised from events like the BRACUC Golf Tournament?
- All of the funding raised by the Baton Rouge Area Credit Union Golf Tournament since 2012 will be designated towards helping to build the new children’s hospital. In recognition of the committed and pledged support, the new hospital will feature the Baton Rouge Area Credit Unions Pediatric Surgery Waiting Area on the second floor of the hospital.
How can someone help support what you are doing?
- Please visit www.ololchildrens.org to make a donation and to learn how to get more involved. To make a multi-year pledge, corporate donation, or planned/estate gift, please contact Danny Fields, Director at Our Lady of the Lake Foundation at 225-765-5951 or email him at email@example.com.